Drum knife-cleaner with polyurethane segments BNO, SVO
Width of strip to be cleaned, mm – 650 – 2000
Average pressing force of the cleaner knife, N – 120
Number of polyurethane segments, pcs – 7-17
Length, mm – 800-3000
Height, mm – 250
Complies with TU 2292-057-18563945-2007
Drum-type knife-cleaner model BNO is designed to clean the working lining of the tape from the additive by scraping with a type-setting knife from polyurethane segments. The belt is cleaned on the discharge drum.
The cleaning scraper works most effectively when the butt joints of the belt are made hot or cold. The device reduces belt wear due to the low coefficient of friction of polyurethane on the belt and provides maximum cleaning due to the progressive design.
Cleaning knife consists of:
- Scraper shaft 1, on which polyurethane scrapers 3 are fixed with a pressure plate and bolted connections 2.
- The scraper shaft 1 is mounted on supports 4 and 5, which are bolted 6 either directly to the frame of the conveyor drive station or to mounting plates 7 welded to it.
- Supports 4 and 5 are installed in such a way that the edge of the knife is 10-15 mm below the rotation axis of the conveyor discharge drum. A pin 8 with a spring 9 is installed on the support 5.
- A nut 10 for regulating the clamping force and nuts 11 for limiting the angle of rotation of the knife are screwed onto the stud.
- The spring 9 acts on the adjusting ring 12, which is fixed on the scraper shaft with a clamping screw 13, through which the pressing force is transmitted to the knife.
- Device versions for a belt width of 650 – 2000 mm have type 5 symmetrical supports, so that the knife is pressed against the belt by two identical springs.
INSTALLING THE CLEANER KNIFE
- Before installing the device, partially unscrew the clamping screw 13, thus releasing the adjusting ring 12.
- Use nuts 11 to compress the spring 9 by 20-25 mm, while the nut 10 should be in the lower position.
- Further, the supports 4 and 5 are bolted 6 either directly to the frame of the conveyor drive station or to mounting plates 7 welded to it.
- Supports 4 and 5 are installed in such a way that the edge of the knife is adjacent to the belt along the entire length and is 10-15 mm below the rotation axis of the conveyor discharge drum (Fig. 2a).
- In this case, the knife must be in a vertical position, or have an inclination on the drum up to 5˚ (Fig. 2a).
- It is also necessary to ensure the same angles of inclination to the horizontal (Fig. 2b) of the knife edge B (or the axis of the scraper shaft 1) and the generatrix of the drum A.
- After fixing the supports, tighten the clamping screw 13 in sequence and unscrew the nuts 11 to the maximum.
The device is ready for use.
OPERATION OF THE DEVICE
The frequency of inspection of the device is once a week. When inspecting, it is necessary to control the wear and, according to the condition of the cleaned belt lining, the sufficiency of the pressing force of the scrapers. When the device is in operation, the scrapers 3 are pressed against the belt being cleaned by the spring 9. The wear of the scrapers leads to a decrease in the pressing force of the scrapers; to increase it, it is necessary to press the spring with the nut 10.
ATTENTION! Excessive pressing of the cleaner blade against the belt leads to intensive wear of the scrapers.
If the spring 9 is limited by the nuts 11, but the scraper wear has not reached its maximum value, the nuts 10, 11 and the adjusting ring 12 should be set as described in the installation instructions for the device.
If the polyurethane scrapers are worn down to a height of 40-50 mm (Fig. 3), the worn scrapers of the device should be replaced with new ones.
The warranty period for polyurethane scrapers is 6 months when cleaning the belt from abrasive materials and 12 months when cleaning the belt from non-abrasive materials. Metal structures are guaranteed for 18 months. The warranty period starts from the day the device is delivered to the consumer. During the warranty period, troubleshooting is carried out by the manufacturer at its own expense.
A necessary condition for the fulfillment of warranty obligations is the inspection of the defective device by the supplier’s representative at the place of operation. In case of improper use, or improper installation or violation of the rules for operating the device, warranty obligations are not provided. Mechanical butt joints made with rivets, bolts and other protruding elements are not guaranteed.
Have questions? Get detailed advice!
Our specialists will promptly answer any questions about the terms and conditions of delivery or work.