The history of the use of conveyors begins in the 17th century. In modern industry, it is difficult to imagine production lines without the use of this device. Large logistics complexes, sea and airports constantly use conveyors. To ensure the smooth functioning of the conveyor line, it is necessary to maintain it in good working condition.
One of the main components of the conveyor device is the belt. What are the main reasons for its damage?
- Excessive load, distortion of the radius of the drum, the ingress of any lubricants on the belt web leads to slippage on the drive drum.
- Increased sag between the lower rollers, with constant contact of the surface with foreign objects, leads to rapid wear.
- If the top belt rollers jam, the non-working surface is subject to accelerated wear.
- If the loading tray is chosen incorrectly, from which the material falls, and not shifted, holes of various localization occur.
- If the belt is overloaded and the load gets between the drum and the belt, a break occurs at the joint.
- If the side surface is subjected to friction against the structural elements of the conveyor, wear of the side edges will occur.
- If water, oil, lubricants regularly get on the working surface of the tape, swelling occurs, bubbles appear.
Repair of conveyor belts
Methods for preventing damage to a conveyor belt
Professional conveyor belt repairers recommend centering them. The process consists of the following steps.
- Existing parts are replaced with guide rollers, installed on the chassis.
- Perform rolling.
While maintaining the correct position of the conveyor belt, the lateral descent of the load is excluded, equipment breakdown is prevented, which saves money costs for overhaul, complete replacement of the belt.
Types of repairs
- The mechanical method of repair occurs with fasteners, tools.
- The hot vulcanization technique is one of the most effective. The use of special equipment is required. This is a long, technologically complex process.
- Cold bonding or cold vulcanization. Allows you to quickly return the conveyor belt to working condition, which made the method popular. It takes 6-8 hours to cure the substance that connects the canvas.
Repair of conveyor drive drums by lining method
Liner is a special process of coating the drum surface with a technical plate. The plate consists of a special type of rubber, with a relief surface.
Lining of drive, tension, deflecting drums, magnetic separators can be carried out, if possible, without dismantling the drum from the conveyor line.
For repairs, special rubber profiled technical plates of domestic and foreign production will be used. Rubber technical plates with ceramic-metal inserts are also used.
Basic repair technique is a cold vulcanization process that consists of several steps. The method is the most commonly used for the following reasons.
- Suitable for all sizes.
- Most economical.
- Contributes to the subsequent long life of the drum.
Специфика ремонта конвейера
Выполнение качественных ремонтных работ требует отличного знания технологий, применяемых материалов, практических навыков, которые есть у профессиональных мастеров по ремонту конвейеров. Компания “Укрэнергопостач” – признанный опытный эксперт в этой области, готовый выполнить ремонт в кратчайший срок.
Если на предприятии присутствуют профессионалы по ремонту, компания “Укрэнергопостач” может поставить подходящие профессиональные материалы и инструменты для осуществления ремонта конвейерных лент.
Стабильная, надёжная работа конвейера напрямую зависит от своевременных профилактических, ремонтных работ.
Everything you need to repair conveyor belts from a direct supplier!
+38 067 484 49 31